By: Mike Anderson
York Region is opening 19,000 new COVID-19 vaccine appointments for residents age 80+ (born in 1941 or earlier).
Residents age 80+ can book an appointment at york.ca/COVID19Vaccine, beginning Monday, March 15, 2021 at 8:30 a.m.
The appointments begin on Monday, March 15 at 8.30 a.m., and are available at six clinic locations:
- Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital located in the City of Vaughan, operated by Mackenzie Health
- Cornell Community Centre located in the City of Markham, operated by Eastern York Region North Durham (EYRND) Ontario Health Team (OHT)
- Georgina Ice Palace located in the Town of Georgina, operated by York Region Public Health
- NEW LOCATION: Maple Community Centre located in the City of Vaughan, operated by York Region Public Health
- Ray Twinney Recreation Complex located in the Town of Newmarket, operated by Southlake Regional Health Centre
- Richmond Green Sports Centre located in the City of Richmond Hill, operated by York Region Public Health
Clinic dates and times vary for each location. Please visit york.ca/Covid19Vaccine for specific clinic details.
The booking process for clinics operated by York Region Public Health requires two steps. Individuals must first create an account and then book an appointment.
Residents age 80+ who are not comfortable booking an online appointment are encouraged to seek out a support person (caregiver, family member or friend) who can assist in booking this appointment on their behalf. Telephone support is also available. If you need assistance booking at the Georgina Ice Palace, call: 1-877-464-9675
Contact centre information is available at york.ca/Covid19Vaccine
Residents may be required to wait outside for a short period of time before their appointment, so it is important to properly prepare for your COVID-19 vaccine before visiting the clinic.
Routes Connecting Communities and Jericho Youth Services are also offering to assist local seniors book COVID-19 vaccine appointments through the Cyber Seniors program, please call Routes 905 722-4616 or Jericho 905 722-5540.
- April 10, 2021 Issue - April 14, 2021
- North Durham Nature’s April 27 webinar showcases Algonquin wildlife - April 11, 2021
- Town introduces new textile waste diversion program - April 11, 2021