By: Mike Anderson
York Region Transit is announcing further reductions to its bus service in Georgina, effective Sunday, April 5
“With additional closures and more people staying at home, ridership on transit has decreased. YRT is temporarily further reducing service levels starting Sunday, April 5 to meet current customer demands,” said Tamara Ostrowski, Corporate Communications for the Regional Municipality of York, in a media release issued April 3.
The following bus routes in Georgina have been impacted:
Route 50 – Queensway:
- Weekday schedules will be reduced
- Limited service between Sutton and Pefferlaw will be discontinued in the early morning on weekdays and in the late evening on weekdays and weekends/holidays due to low ridership
- Buses will now service platform 1 (stop 7313) at Newmarket Terminal
Route 51 – Keswick Local:
- Will be replaced by Mobility On-Request Keswick service, operating Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 10:45 p.m.
- Visit yrt.ca/MOR for service information
A full list of YRT service adjustments, including new schedules, can be found at yrt.ca